WEG CFW500 Multiple control location

Corey58

Hello,

I have an automatic conveyor line and had a company install it at the start of this year. There were unable to set up a dual controller system for us. I would like to control this system from 2 WEG wired remotes at the same time and have full function of these remotes from either location. I'm after some help on how to achieve this and what steps to take.

Below is a run down of how its controlled currently.

Currently we have 1 WEG remote wired mounted to the outside of the electical box that houses the WEG controller itself. From this remote all we can do is stop and start the system and the remote will display what Hzs we are running at. (no speed control)

At the second location there is a Potentiometer set up that is used to control the speed. At this location the users are unable to stop the system fully or see what Hzs we are running at.

Is there any way to wire in 2 of the WEG wired controllers so at both locations the users can see the live Hzs and have full control over the drive?

We currently have a spare WEG wired remote. If anyone needs any pictures or more information please let me know and I can provide it.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I have never used personally used WEG CFW500 but I have worked on a conveyor project. My first impression is that there may be potential issues related to having two remote controllers. What if Operator 1 uses Remote Controller 1 to tell the conveyor to do X, and at the same time Operator 2 uses Remote Controller to tell the same conveyor to do Y. What if X and Y are contradictory actions. For example, Operator 1 tries to Start the conveyor while Operator 2 tries to Stop it. Need to figure out a way to deal with this.