Welding sensor help

one2go

Hello everyone,

i have question if there is some kind of sensor that can detect welding fault.

Let me explain process:

Material is going through 7 degrees extruding tool which form it into pipe and is being welded from top side. At the end of this process should be some kind of sensor which would detect welding fault.

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks forward.

Hi!

Depending on the material, you may want to look at eddy current testing. If you are welding stainless, it is more difficult but still possible.

Pruftechnik is a very good company based out of Germany.
(Eddy Check 5 link)

Thanks for reply!

well material is stainless steel, this is only one part of production and this kind of sensor i need on 4 places. It could have only relay output nothing more.
I need something really simple for this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You may need to use ultrasonic testing for stainless. My knowledge is a bit dated, since I haven't worked with tubing for fifteen years.

Consider giving Pruftechnik a call anyway, as they may have a solution for you. At the very least, they can point you in the right direction.