PLC controlled equipment and welding

The temperature of the refrigerant and other things are measured with milliVolts, so the cards are protected to about 5 Volts max.
a welder makes 70 volts easy.
So the cards could be damaged easily,
On ships, when the electric bowthruster is running the measurements are not acceptable, however nothing breaks due to correct grounding.

So next time the welder must ground the equipment proper and put his grounding on the place he has to weld, instead of somewhere convenient.

Similar Topics

My boss has come up with the idea of renting machines and charging on a per use / per hour basis, so I'm looking into it - just getting my feet...
Replies
Views
I have an emco lathe I have retrofitted for a new control (mach4) and electronics. I have saved this turret for last because I knew it was going...
Replies
Views
Need help with designing and test a PLC-controlled pneumatic system that conveys manufactured parts and loads them on a packing machine. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have wired up my stepper motor, control, and uploaded test programs and nothing...
Replies
Views
Imagine, if you will, a series of custom built modules (building size). Each module is setup with standardized control/automation equipment...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom