What are the best Laptops for PLC Programming

Best Laptop

Don't worry if your favorite Mfg. doesn't supply a serial port.
You can turn your PCMCIA into one.
This card from Quatech works well with RSlogix500, and Directsft.
Good luck!
George Bradley

I would vote for Toshiba as well. The Satellite Pro series still has the serial port. You can also get the Wi-Fi built in so you can get on-line at many airport now. The only drawback is it's size and weight (almost 7lb) but like the gent said, "you can't have it all"

And dude, DON'T GET A DELL. I had bad luck with them and had to fight our IT department to get the Toshiba. The mouse button on DELL broke on my 2nd trip out to the field (they use a hard plastic hinge for the mouse button). The CD-ROM failed after a week. DELL do have good service but...

ALSO, Toshiba offer a type of "NO-Fault" warrenty that will replace your laptop up to once a year... even if you drop it off the 6th floor. I think it's around 500 buck US for 3 years.

Cheers,

laptops - OSs

I was initially using the PG provided by Siemens, (boy is it Heavy!)

I'm thinking of shifting to something lighter too, Compaq was my idea, under windows 2000 platform. hope it aint gonna give me problem