What is the easiest way to program a keypad into a slc 500?

write logic rungs to:
1-use a conditional bit to set a 2nd output bit to indicate unlocked condition example(b3/0)
2- clear or reset the unlock bit automatically (maybe after a delay time)or whatever you want, maybe the door closes.
3-create a rung with five AND instr in series to set the conditional bit in step 1.
4-use the first five words on File N:7 0-4 for source A in each AND,
use the next five words N:7 5-9 for Source B in each AND

***explanation***
sorce B holds correct password number Bit, Source A holds bits being entered.

5-consider using SQL,FFL,COP,FLL OR whatever you dream up to write to the two groups of words in N:7 (0-4) and (5-9)
6-use DCD to Set bit in another word which will be transfered to the words in File N;7 above from the keupad entries.

***now how to program new password***
7-use xon of Unlock Bit in series with EQU to set output BIT (another B3/x) which will be used to enable entring new password (Step 5: word 5-9)
The EQU Source B will contain a CODE Value such as 2233 which must be enter to enable password changes.

**********CONCLUSION*********

yOU will have to add a few more bits and pieces to make it all work,
but most of what you need to get there is outlined above.
Many other ways can be used, this is just one approch. INDEXING addresses might be considered in Step 5.

PLC instructions are very powerful tools in the hands of Programmers with Creative minds, and useless to someone lacking imagination.
Tinkering on a home project like this suggest you will probable become good programmer. Good Luck beerchug