What is the UA Flag on a Counter instruction?

Have a program I may have to translate from Logix 500 to 5000. The customer is using the "UA" flag on several counters. They're also using the "UN" flag just as often. The instruction help is, well, not all that helpful.

The 'UA' is specific to the High Speed Counter in the Fixed (and 5/01) SLC500 units. Bit 10 (UA) updates the accumulator word of the HSC to reflect the immediate state of the HSC when true.

The 'UN' indicates an 'Underflow', counting below zero - possible in a Down counter.

Okay that makes sense. They were using it for on/off triggers in a ML1500 program. I think they are using an encoder on the high speed inputs of the 1500 (0-7) and those flags must update in real time independent of the scan?

Similar Topics

U
Hi, I am trying to write code for flow meter control. What I need to do is turn off the output for a valve if it is calling for product, but the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having an issue in crimson 3.0 when I create a programme using a case statement referencing a fault word that each bit needs to change the...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is communicating to ControlLogix L83E. During apply of online edits to plc, the communication to the device is increasing 4-7...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there a way to get an alarm ack/active flag in Vijeo Designer to store in a internal var? I found under action there are alarms action you...
Replies
Views
I think in a past life that I ran across a ladder logic developer program that allowed me to put a flag on a rung so I could quickly jump back and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom