What Operating Sysyem To Buy?

I have a cf31 running win 7 {32} and the built in XP mode is awesome. I run logix 500 and panel builder32 and RSVIEW in the vm. Then I needed to load an old win-cc so you just create a copy of the XP vm and launch that one and can have as many XP copies as you want for different customer setups. (WARNING) unsupported or not.. My XP Windows update is still downloading security updates and above and AVG etc. So if you have multiple vm's you would need to keep all of them up todate... That being said... The BEST part about my cf31... (in addition to how many times I drop it or get soda spray on it or some 2am sanitizer crew's overzealous sanitizer spray on it and me without harm) is the built in USB port. But don't forget to turn off linx as a service if you run other com1 hungry software. Otherwise the com port is a true UART assignable port. And here's the bad news... I was travelling in Asia and met an engineer who actually makes the pick n place machines that build the tough books. He said after win 7 there will still be that beautiful 9pin serial port.. But no actual support for it... So oh well.. Next tough book I get will require me to carry around an AUTOMATIONDIRECT GOLDX USB-serial. [best one I've used. Has idiot lights to verify comms.)