What PLC for high school students? help!

Mike_RH said:
...Avoid buying any PLC's at at all. Trying to keep the students safe will eat up a lot of resources. Keeping all the equipment safe and working would eat up a lot of time. Eventually, they will let the magic smoke out of some of the gear.

Hi Mike,

I disagree, they need the 'REAL World' interaction to get their attention, remember these kids have played every kind of computer game that there is... they have seen everything imaginable on the screens, they need more to get them hooked.

As far as safety... all of my trainers are 24vdc, it's hard to get hurt and even harded to let the smoke out.

I do like the introductions to some sort of HMI/interface.

Last edited:
icky812 said:
Please have the school contact us regarding the software and be sure to have them state that they are an educational institution.

Thank you very much :)