What PLC to use? (ProfiBus+Ethernet+Remote Viewing)

magaete

Dear all,

I need to make a control system and I don't know what PLC to use.

The system consists in:

Control of 10 digital input (0/1).
Control of 4 analogical input (measure of temperature).
Control of Inverter (frequency inverter) with communication card ProfiBus.
Remote supervision through Ethernet in a Navigator.
I need to read the variables 4 times a day in a remote place with Internet.

I use Siemens S7-200 carrying out small applications.

What PLC recommend?
How model?

Thank to all,
Mauricio

Hello magaete;

One of your requirements can not be met by the S7-200:
Control of Inverter (frequency inverter) with communication card ProfiBus
This can be done only through a Profibus master; the S7-200 Profibus expansion card can only work as a slave.
This would mean going to a S7-300 CPU, possibly a S7-314C-2 DP with onboard integrated digital(24 In/24 Out), analog inputs(4 voltage/current, 1 PT100) and 2 analog outputs. The -2DP extension means it has a dedicated Profibus-DP port on the CPU, so you could use that to control your drives. You would need a CP343-1 (Possibly a Lite version, if all you need it for is monitoring) for Industrial Ethernet comms. Also a S7-300 rail and Power supply. And Step 7 programming software.

On the other hand, if the inverters you want to control are from Siemens (Micromaster 420/440, MasterDrives) then these can be controlled with the USS protocol; the S7-200 can be a USS master, if you purchase an add-on library for Micro/Win (6ES7 830--2BC00--0YX0). You simply connectr to your drives with a RS-485 cable, or Profibus connectors and cable. You would of course need a CP243-1 for Ethernet comms. You could then work with a platform you already know, and use programming software you are conversant with.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier.

Last edited:
dchartier

Thank's

I think that S7-300 is a good option. The Inverters are Danfoss VLT-5000 with ProfiBus card.

The system that you propose is:
1.- S7-314C-2 DP (PLC + I/O + Analog + ProfiBus).
2.- CP343-1 (Simatics Net).
3.- Step 7 (I have this software).

What I need to program the Web-based interface to remote monitoring? the Step 7 only?

Thank you
Mauricio

Hello magaete;

Look at the CP343-1IT, it has a web server integrated, might solve your problem.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier