What type of files are on a CompactFlash card that is in a CompactLogix CPU ?

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I was given a CompactFlash card that was in a CompactLogix CPU. I placed the CompactFlash card in a Reader , and captured the files that was on it . It had a Bin File , PEK File and a XML File. I expected to see a .ACD file .

Would I be able to use Logix 5000 to convert to a .ACD program file ?

Thanks so much ,

When downloading an ACD file to a controller it gets compiled. That compiled version is what you see on the CF card.

To my knowledge, Rockwell has not provided a method to open or convert this compiled file into a format that can be used in RSLogix/Studio 5000. I doubt they ever will.

OG

Good Evening ,

I was given a CompactFlash card that was in a CompactLogix CPU. I placed the CompactFlash card in a Reader , and captured the files that was on it . It had a Bin File , PEK File and a XML File. I expected to see a .ACD file .

Would I be able to use Logix 5000 to convert to a .ACD program file ?

Thanks so much ,

you may try to save the current program that is on that CPU so you can reload it afterwards, then load the program from the flash card. and then save it after it gets recompiled from the flash card..

May be the only way to get a program directly off a flash when it's been backed up by the controller.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge . I have a spare 1769-L33ER with version 28. Not sure what version is on this CF ( SD ) card. I imagine if I load the SD card on the L33 that if it as another version , it will fault out . The CF ( SD ) card has a date of 2011 . What version was out in 2011 ? Version 26 , possibly ?

Thanks again .