What will your customers think of the Ultimate HMI design layout?

Thanks, widelto
Habilitar sistema" means "enable system"
I have to give this guy some credit I canot say if this screen is quickly identifiable because I cant read the thing. but who's to say that to the end user its not. Its like art work, differnt people inturpet a painting differently.I see clutter but some may see clairty!

Hey guys, watching Tejas Kick UCLA booty on the other antena, but thanks for setting me straight on the indicator vs. button language barrier.

I work in a largely Hispanic plant, but my Spanish is still very limited.

Thank You!

So I hope the author understands my comments were based on a speculation and misunderstanding which your posts corrected.

Here are some screen shots of a system I put together last year. Unfortunatly I could not use Ignition on this project, but Wonderware works.. sometimes :D
(I have removed some names and runtime values to protect the innocent! :whistle:)

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

E-STOP on an HMI NO. I place a large Red Square in the Upper Rightcorner on all my screen and Label it "Master Stop" and use it as interlocking only.

Unless its wired to the Circuit there is no "E" included :)

I tend to go with greyscale screens, but I use green/red indicators combined with ON/OFF text.

However, I noticed that the example greyscale screen has a number of circular trend charts. Circular chart recorders are an acceptable simple way to do chart recording on a paper/pen recorder, but on a computer graphic screen that is just plain silly.

The example greyscale screen is also a little too busy, but some of the other screens in teh article are good screens.

The circular charts are actually polar charts, depicting roughly a dozen live values. They are not historical. The idea is that during normal running conditions, the polar chart will create a shape. The operator will be familiar with that shape, and if the shape changes, the shape will stand out and the operator can take action.

On a side note, I bought and read the ultimate HMI handbook, and it was a great help. Not everyone will agree with everything in the book, but most of the book will be used by most people, imho.