What's up with Buy/Sell PLCs?

Tinine

I never see any activity. Is it not recommended?

I have a S7-1500 with a bunch of modules (analogue, encoder, DIO) and a touchscreen to dispose of and I have never sold on eBay before. Is this the best place to offload?

Craig

I never see any activity. Is it not recommended?

I have a S7-1500 with a bunch of modules (analogue, encoder, DIO) and a touchscreen to dispose of and I have never sold on eBay before. Is this the best place to offload?

Craig
It's a very niche market, the secondary controls sector. Most reputable operations will always buy brand new. They don't want to gamble profits for equipment in unknown condition. Or they go to secondary market such as Radwell where they can get some semblance of a warranty or guarantee. eBay is usually a last resort utilized by those who have legacy systems where there is no primary market or don't have formal supplier agreements that keep inventory in stock when they need it. (Or the MRO / Purchaser who gatekeeps money like it's coming from their own bank account.)

But if you want to sell the equipment, you can try eBay. The used market may still be hot enough if lead times are still prolonged. Radwell may buy your equipment, but there needs to be a market for it else they usually don't respond. Sometimes your suppliers will give you credit for trading in. The only way to find out is to ask.

It's a very niche market, the secondary controls sector. Most reputable operations will always buy brand new. They don't want to gamble profits for equipment in unknown condition. Or they go to secondary market such as Radwell where they can get some semblance of a warranty or guarantee. eBay is usually a last resort utilized by those who have legacy systems where there is no primary market or don't have formal supplier agreements that keep inventory in stock when they need it. (Or the MRO / Purchaser who gatekeeps money like it's coming from their own bank account.)

But if you want to sell the equipment, you can try eBay. The used market may still be hot enough if lead times are still prolonged. Radwell may buy your equipment, but there needs to be a market for it else they usually don't respond. Sometimes your suppliers will give you credit for trading in. The only way to find out is to ask.

Going in the dumpster, can't be bothered with this overhyped garbage...it's about time that the industry woke up and got away from this proprietry clap-trap :D

If it's easy to post in Buy/Sell then even if you cannot be bothered to sell it, post it & ask for the cost of postage & packaging I'm sure someone will snap it up. Yes it takes a little effort but I'm sure if contacted for the cost they would be willing to part with a small amount for your trouble I'm sure there would be many here who would want it if only for learning.
I have an ML1400 that has never been put into a system, I purchased it in 2004/5 as part of a project, used it only for testing & the idea was to pass it on to the customer as a spare, however, the went bust a few months after the system was put in so never got round to selling them some spares. I have also thought about posting it here but just not got round to it, TBH not interested in having to export it but if someone in the UK wanted it I'm sure we could come to an agreement, I did boot it up a few months ago & it seemed ok & wrote a small test program for testing, however, I have lost my licence when my PC went down so cannot be bothered to get it re-instated.

Going in the dumpster, can't be bothered with this overhyped garbage...it's about time that the industry woke up and got away from this proprietry clap-trap :D
What do you mean ? Ebay ? Radwell ? S7-1500 ?

Anyway, your S7-1500 parts and Siemens Touchscreen definitely have some value. The parts situation is still very much a thing, and people are trying to locate parts where-ever they can.
I think the buy/sell section on this forum is dead.
In the UK I would go for ebay.

I'm always looking for old ControlLogix, controlnet, devicenet, AB VFDs, etc. If it has an AB on it and you want to throw it away then I probably want it.
I've been trying to build an extensive test bench at home where I can setup most situations for testing and troubleshooting.

Anyone can PM me and we can arrange something. I'm in Alaska but am happy to cover shipping. I don't have a big budget but if you are going to throw it away I'll take it.

I'm always looking for old ControlLogix, controlnet, devicenet, AB VFDs, etc. If it has an AB on it and you want to throw it away then I probably want it.
I've been trying to build an extensive test bench at home where I can setup most situations for testing and troubleshooting.

Anyone can PM me and we can arrange something. I'm in Alaska but am happy to cover shipping. I don't have a big budget but if you are going to throw it away I'll take it.

Been in Prudhoe long? Did two rotations on an offshore platform up there in the dead of winter some decades ago. Good times.