When Does a Control Panel Become a MCC?

northwind

Hi,
If building a control panel in a 508a shop, when does it become a motor control center and fall out of scope for labelling under 508a?
More specifically; a large floor standing control with a multi-section cabinet. First section has incoming main breaker (>/= 1,000A with LSIG protection), remaining sections have breakers for process loads under PLC control. Each section has a breaker (or breakers) and typically a VFD or two. Feed from main to sub breakers could either be via power distribution block and individual cables, or possibly a pre engineered buss system.
The distribution sections would be touch safe wiring with external operators on the branch breakers and isolation barriers.

I don't see a problem with labelling this Under the scope of 508a, the main can even be a service disconnect (under section 73). When does this cross the line into being a UL845 MCC? Field removable "buckets"?

Thanks.