Where did Elon Musk go wrong?

I have been to the Tesla plant in Fremont CA.

They did not clean everything out of the old GM plant
built in 1962 before starting over.

There Allen Bradley 5/02 PLC's probably installed in the mid 1970's
still dragging car frames down the assembly lines.

Lost quite a few engineering colleagues to Tesla in both salaried and hourly positions.

Salaried guys complain of the endless hours with no extra pay.
Hourly guys complain of mandatory over time even if they are getting paid for it.

Brutal from what I hear.

I'm late to this party. We have a Tesla plant here in Buffalo. They abuse their people like demanding that something occurs by a ridiculous time. Employees and suppliers just move on to better customers.

Nope! from $60 back in 9/2018 to $1010 today.

Great job!... I have missed a few good trades in my day and this was one, I had a buy at xxx but it never made it, I also tried to by ******* and missed that train, hope you make LOTS more.

I am not an investor, I am a trader so you take the trade when you can and walk with a profit.

Musk has mellowed out so that is helping, I do think they are going to see stronger and stronger competition in the EV market but thats a good thing for the consumer.

So Elon Musk is now building his Tesla Model 3 fleet by hand because automation has let him down, according to a not very reliable news source.

What mistakes did he make?
Did he make any at all, or is automation a sham?
How can a future entrepreneur avoid putting in automation that doesn't work?
Humans hare used for some part of the the assembly, not all.

277459254_156889673443173_1875764287967893314_n.jpg

Never invested in Tesla unfortunally always felt that it is overvalued if you look at the financial statements