Where is it????

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am attempting to open a project in Factory Talk View version 6.1. The project is older and I get the message "Please use Legacy Tag Database Conversion utility to convert...."

OK, fine, :mad:WHERE IS THE CONVERSION UTILITY???? Have looked everywhere and cannot find it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tweeker

I'm guessing you are running FactoryTalk in a 64bit OS? If so, I would highly recommend not. If you are planning on restoring applications that were originally created in a 32bit OS, then the tag databases need to be converted, then imported into your 64bit FactoryTalk. To do this they suggest you run a 32bit instance in a virtual machine for doing the conversions. The process would work like this:

-Restore your application in a 32bit environment
-Export it's tag database
-Restore your application in your 64bit environment
-Run the database export through a conversion utility
-Import the newly converted database into your 64bit environment

Once an application is converted to 64bit, there is no going back. So if you send it to someone that only has a 32bit instance of FactoryTalk then they will not be able to restore it.

I finally found the utility, then as I attempted to run it was informed, 'No wait you must first run this on a 32bit OS THENNNNNN you can run it on the 64bit OS. :sick: Super. I don't have access to a 32bit system with FTV running on it.

Yes, I do understand that this process is non reversible in that I cannot open it in a 32bit OS any longer. The future belongs to 64bit however, and all PC's I get in the future will be 64bit. So, once I am through this initial pain, it should be gone forever.

Tweeker.

homer-doh-squaregreen.jpg