Why with the lack of documentation...? Panelview Plus to Micrologix 1500 via ethernet

resimars417

So I figured I'd start off by saying I love this place. I never registered, but frequent this place often to read up on the little tricks to get past the little hurdles along the way. However, I'm now at a complete loss. Normally there's documentation on everything somewhere... but today (and the last three days apparently) there is something that I just can't figure out.

Here it is. We're using a Micrologix 1500 and trying to communicate with a PanelView Plus 1000 via an ENI module. For some reason, I just can't get it to work. So I humbly ask if there is anyone that might be familiar with the process. And if so, do you happen to know where I might be able to find the literature or documents or articles or even a napkin with some srcawled information on it that explains how to do it?

Last edited:
With devices using the ENI you need to manually add the device to RSlinx enterprise. You need to do this via the communications tab at the bottom of the Explorer panel.

In the communications tab you need to add an Ethernet driver, then you need to add your device. You'll see folders which contain the devices, you'll need to find your micrologix in the "NetENI.." folder.

Once you add the micrologix, it will prompt you for the IP address of the ENI. Once that is setup you should be able to see it in the communication setup back under RSlinx in the Application tab.

You may have to close and re-open RSViewME once you've made the change because Rockwell can't make things that easy....

Oh, be sure you've got your ENI setup right.