WinCC 7.5 ET200S SCADA Communications

rtgibson

Got a new project using WinCC SCADA (V7.5 SP2) - the PLC is an ET200-SP, I've never had to communicate with one of these before (done plenty of S7-1200 & S7-1500) but this one doesn't seem to want to talk to me. It's a standard 192.168.0.10 IP address and I can ping it fine.

Has anyone setup comms for one of these before - I was trying to use the S7-1500 driver in WinCC. I DO have Simatic-Net installed and the PG-PC interface set correctly.

Do I need to add a slot number or something - if so how do you do it ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Russ

An ET200-SP CPU is similar to setup as any other S7-1500 CPU. If you are using the "SIMATIC S7-1200, S7-1500 Channel" in WinCC, there is no option to enter a rack/slot combination.

Maybe the programmer has set a password which you can enter in the WinCC connection settings, or if the CPU is with Firmware >=2.9 and programmed in TIA V17, it uses secured communication (TLS) by default, which needs additional steps (haven't done this communication type for myself with WinCC).

Hi Thomas - thanks for the response, you are the 2nd person to mention TLS and the firmware (our local Siemens representative has also just given me a tech note on it). I'll look at the project today and post how I get on.

Thanks Thomas - you were absolutely on the money.

For anybody with the same problem you have to use the 'Siemens Simatic SCADA Export' tool to export the tags from the project along with some security certificates to import and use within WinCC.