WinCC and S7-300/CP343 Communication Problems

dlbrown06

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping you all can help me with the problem I'm having.

I am trying to communicate between WinCC and a CPU 315-2 DP Siemans processor through a TCP/IP connection.

PLC SIDE:
I think I have everything configured correctly as far as I can tell. The PLC has an IP address and is running.

WinCC SIDE:
I have added the SIMATIC S7 PROTOCOL SUITE channel to underneath the Tag Management section. Then under the TCP/IP channel, I added the driver with the PLC's IP address and the CPU's rack/slot number. Then I added a tag with the address to the DB value I need.

I then created an IOField in the Graphic Designer that should be dynamically connected to the PLC tag.

It doesn't work. When I activate the project, the value on the Graphic designer doesn't update to the value that is on the PLC. Also when I go to Tools->Status of Driver Connections, it shows that the driver is still disconnected.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can you "ping" the CP343's IP address from another location on the same network? This will confirm if the PLC is on the network or not.

Try also setting your simatic manager (PG/PC Interface) so that it communicates through that. That will definitely confirm it's working.

If you still can't get comms with WinCC then at least you'll know that the problem's in WinCC.

Martin