WinCC and S7-300/CP343 Communication Problems

dlbrown06

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping you all can help me with the problem I'm having.

I am trying to communicate between WinCC and a CPU 315-2 DP Siemans processor through a TCP/IP connection.

PLC SIDE:
I think I have everything configured correctly as far as I can tell. The PLC has an IP address and is running.

WinCC SIDE:
I have added the SIMATIC S7 PROTOCOL SUITE channel to underneath the Tag Management section. Then under the TCP/IP channel, I added the driver with the PLC's IP address and the CPU's rack/slot number. Then I added a tag with the address to the DB value I need.

I then created an IOField in the Graphic Designer that should be dynamically connected to the PLC tag.

It doesn't work. When I activate the project, the value on the Graphic designer doesn't update to the value that is on the PLC. Also when I go to Tools->Status of Driver Connections, it shows that the driver is still disconnected.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Try this
Under s7 protocol suite>right click>system parameter> go to the unit tab- under the logical device name- make sure you use the correct ethernet card in your PC.
If you have used Step7 before this will look familar

It is NOT CP-TCPIP

Yes it is. From the Control panel:

Access Point of the Application:
S7ONLINE (STEP7) -> TCP/IP -> NIC Card

^ That is the same as it is set for my TCP/IP channel in WinCC

So under connections you have RACK 0 SLOT 2 in WinCC right??
Just curious- is Step7 installed- if so, can you connect to the PLC?

Yes, in WinCC I am using RACK 0 SLOT 2

I have Step 7 installed. I am not familiar enough to know exactly how to connect to a PLC from it, but from what I gathered quickly...

I went to STEP 7 -> NCM S7 -> Diagnostics

From there I can connect to the Ethernet Card on the PLC. However, in the "Connections" section, it displays, "No Informative Available in this view."

Does that help?

Well, I tried to think of all the basics
Im sure it is something simple though.
Call the Siemens Hotline
1-800-333-7421- its free