Connecting Wincc Flexible RT with ST300 with PROFIBUS

rizo88

Hello,

I'm Alex from Spain (sorry for my bad english).

Firstly, I'm a newbie at Siemens PLCs and HMI, I have been reading this forum for hours learning a lot of interesting things. You're knowledge is amazing guys!

Regarding my problem, I have a system with an S7-300 PLC, connected via PROFIBUS to a PC with a WinCC Flexible RT HMI. The other day I was trying to install an OPC client and I have messed up the communications.

I have been trying to follow this manual:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...nCC_flexible_Kommunikation_Profibus_V10_e.pdf

Some information about the situation:
- I don't have STEP7 but NCM PC but as far as I know this shouldn't be a problem.

-I don't have an HMI project, I just have the .fwx RT file.

- I'm using a CP5611.

-In the SIMATIC NCM PC Manager I can't insert an SIMATIC HMI station.

I'm trying to follow the guideline but I get blocked at this point.

My first question is, is this guideline what I have to follow? Why can't I insert an HMI station?

Thanks in advance! :site:

This is too open-ended to provide advice.
Any advice may push you in the wrong direction rather than helping.
You need to know exactly how the profibus connection is setup in the WinCC Flexible project.
Investigate that, post your findings here, and then we can help further.

This is too open-ended to provide advice.
Any advice may push you in the wrong direction rather than helping.
You need to know exactly how the profibus connection is setup in the WinCC Flexible project.
Investigate that, post your findings here, and then we can help further.

Hello Jensen, thanks for yout fast reply.

The main problem is that I'm not able to open the WinCC project. I just have the .fwx. There is any other way to know that?

What I only can see is the Station Configuration Editor (attached).

I know it is too open-ended, but I'm totally lost.

1.PNG 2.png