WinCC Flex Runtime

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Siemens project with 2 HMI screens, one is a KTP600 Basic and the other is a MP 277 10inch touch. When I fire up the runtime from within WinCC Flex a runtime file (FWX) is generated for the MP277 which I can copy or create a shortcut to on the desktop so the screen can be viewed live without loading WinCC. When I do the same for the KTP Basic panel the runtime will fire up from WinCC Flex but no FWX runtime file appears in the project folder. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the Basic panels or is there another method of creating a standalone runtime file for a screen that I'm not aware of?

I'm running WinCC Flex 2008 SP3 on Windows 7 64 biit.

Regards,

Barry

I am guessing that it is because there is a significant difference between the runtimes for the Windows CE based MP277, and the Linux based KTP600.

I have never used a Compact Panel. Can you run the program when you chose "Start runtime" in WinCC Flexible ? And what if you try "Start runtime with simulator" ?
edit: I missed that you wrote in your post you have tried that already, so that seems to be a dead end.

Last edited:
The only method I have found so far which might work is to create a copy of the project and change the screen type to an alternative model which supports the runtime file creation. I just did this and swapped it for a 6 inch MP 177 and it creates the FWX file as soon as you fire up the runtime in WinCC. I'm now going to transfer this file onto a remote pc at my customer's plant and see if it works.

Yep, it has worked a treat. If I make future changes to the original screen I'll just have to keep updating my copied project. Anyway, job's a good 'un for now, as they say :)

Regards,

Barry

I am not sure about behaviuor of KTP600 in WinCC Flex. KTP600 is a part of "TIA Portal era", and sinulation works fine there. I have never used it WinCC Flex, in TIA works fine.

It works fine in simulation through the WinCC software. I've used the Basic screen many times and never had a problem. What I wanted was to create a stand alone runtime file so I could view the screen live without firing WinCC up.

I was thinking about that you could have done an upload from the KTP600 with Prosave, and then maybe retrieved the runtime file somehow from the image file.

Your own idea is much better !