Wincc Flex Runtime logging problem

I removed part of my script that I was using to smooth the results on the graph. I think that might have been hanging up the program for some reason. So far I've been running alright for a few hours. I'll let you know if it runs all day.

I know you said you don't like logging through scripts but how would I log a tag in a script?

If SmartTags("EC1_utilization") < 20 Then
'log a tag here?'

Last edited:
I do a lot of logging via scripts. Only, not via ODBC/SQL. I log to CSV files, and that works very reliably.
VBS have some weaknesses that seem to work particularly bad with an ODBC connection.

What would be the code to log a tag to my sql through odbc? I am still pretty new to wincc flex and don't know much of the syntax.

Look in this thread from SPS-FORUM.de:
http://www.sps-forum.de/showthread.php?t=15348
It is in german, so selective use of google translate may be a help.

The example is for ODBC to ACCESS. (edit: There is also a sample for MySQL) The format of the connection string is very dependant on the database used.
Again, use google to find the ODBC connection tring that fits your database.

Last edited: