WinCC Flexible 2007 HF4 not transferring to TP177A

renegade7jdv

Hi,

I am using WinCC Flexible 2007 Hotfix 4. I have problem downloading to a TP177A touch panel.

When tranferring to the device it goes through the compiling of the project without any errors, on the output display it says tranferring to device, but it is not tranferring anything.

The device is in transfer mode, I am also able to update the OS on it without any problems, which rules out communication problems.

If you have updated the OS, then you have to make all the communication settings on the panel anew.
But, I would guess that an error message would appear in the output window if some setting on the panel was wrong. So I am not sure what the reason can be.

I did update all the settings on the device, I can see the device status using WinCC Flexible, but it just won't download to the touch panel.

I am using an MPI connection, the address is set up as 10 on the Touch Panel as well as on WinCC Flex.

The communication part is working as WinCC Flexible can update the OS on the touch panel.

After the project is compiled and I click to transfer it to the device the output on the Output Window is:

Starting transfer for Device_1
Checking version on target device ...
Transferring project ...
Transferring Device_1 (TP 177A 6")

It gives this output even if the device is not connected.

And you set it to transfer mode on the panel ?

I cannot see what goes wrong. That WinCC Flex goes from "checking version" to "transfering project" means that it can see the panel.

hii
may be u can try this option first go to SET PG/PC INTERFACE and set to cp5611(mpi),click on DIAGNOSTICS and TEST make sure u connect with TP

eliskasim
kluang johor

Hi

My PG/PC Inteface is set correctly. I am also able to connect to the touch panel by testing the connection to it. But when it comes to transferring the project to the device WinCC Flexible just don't actually do it. It doesn't even give an error message.

Thanks

Hi

There is nothing wrong with the communciation. The problem I am having is that WinCC Flex do not download to the device. It can see it, it can download the OS to it, but when it comes to tranferring the project it just fails.

The project compiles successfully, it goes through all the steps of transferring but it just does not transfer the project.

The output on the Output Window is :

Starting transfer for Device_1
Checking version on target device ...
Transferring project ...
Transferring Device_1 (TP 177A 6")

If I unplug the device I get the same results, this is telling me there might be something wrong with WinCC Flexible 2007. I have downloaded Hotfix 4 to see if I can fix the problem, but nothing is happening, there is also no error displayed.

Since he gets as far as he has come, I doubt that the problem is with the hardware, or some network setting.
Besides, the diagnostics is available with MPI, but only if the adapter supports it (not available with the PC Adapter).

However, grasping for straws, it could be a good idea to try with Profibus.

I would definitely contact Siemens support.

On the TP177A, what happens with the display ?
If you switch to transfer mode, it will say something like "connecting to host", and the moment a transfer is started from Flexible, the dialog box goes empty for 5-10 seconds and then displays the filename that is transferred and how many bytes.

The linux based TP177A may be a bit different. But it could tell something about what goes on.

Tp177a not booting....plz help

Plz Help...I was doing OS Update on my new spare TP177A with MPI/Profibus settings within the network of s7300 & TP177A(connected with profibus cable) & PG/PC Connected to S7-300 with Direct serial cable with 3-3,4-4,5-5,9-9 connections at back of profibus connector on s7-300 cpu.
Suddenlly my PG/PC Laptop went into sleep mode and while trying to restore the process got interrupted in between due to which now my new TP177A is not booting. It is always show blue screen with "bootloader 1.8, 2006/11/10" written at left side of screen and that blue screen remains there for ever.

1. Now i tried to OSupdate with "Reset Factory Options" on ProSave/Wincc both but not able to communicate.
2. i tried serial/ppi cable setting also for this OSupdate with "reset..." but not able to connect.
3. a screen comes and keep on asking to boot the HMI...but nothing happens beyond that.
4. Now situation is that i am having only rs232 cable & the cable said above(with 3-3,4-4,5-5,9-9 connections) i tried with both but no results. i cant buy PPI master cable for the time being.

plz help me and suggest me which serial cable connections i can try for communication with TP177a and the settings also. Also can i do this bootstraping/reseting on profibus network??