WinCC Flexible 2008 faceplate String

enault

Im creating a faceplate that will be used to show Each Input. the name of the Input will be located in the S7 plc. i need to show in the faceplate Both the Full name and in an other IO field, only the 2 first caracter of that same name.

When i put the String Field Length to Only 2 the IO Field would only Show "##" because the string is actually longer than the field

i Would like to fix this without adding 1 more tag in the PLC for each Input because ill be a bit short on the number of tag.

i could easily extract those 2 caracter with a script but it seems that there no such event as Loading or activate in the faceplate. That must be done without having to click a button or do any action .

i Had try to add a string Property in the faceplate and link it to a HMI string Tag, but im still wondering if there a way to set a default value to a WinCC Flex Tag (remember that i dont want to add more tag from the PLC, too close to tag limit) Do i need to use a script that would set that tag each time the HMI start?

so if you have any idea how i should be showing those 2 first characher of a longer string in my faceplate, Ill be happy to read It

Thanks