WinCC Flexible 2008 SP2 - alarm problem

Tajak

Hi guys,

I have been working on a project where I use WinCC Flexible 2008 SP2, Runtime is on PC and my question is quite simple:

I use many discrete alarms (1000+) and about 70% of them are errors which have to be, when triggered, accompanied by a horn...

I wonder if there is any chance to get some sort of Alarm screen status that would tell me that there is a new error which is still not acknowledged and after it is acknowledged, and there is no other new error, I would get this oposite status... The Alarm Indicator works similar way I think...so I was wondering if there is a way how to dig it from WinCC and make it its way to PLC... I don't want to make extra acknowledge bits for each alarm, too complicated in my opinion.

Thanks guys for any help.

If you use the Project Wizard you should have an screen named 'template'.

You automaticaly make use of the template in creating new windows. In this template the 'alarm window' is activated. The 'alarm window' shows 3 possible screens:

- unackknowledged alarms
- pending alarms
- system alarms

Hi Ivo,

thanx for replying... Yes, you are correct but it doesn't solve my problem.

I was trying to find a smooth solution, I tried several workmates as well as Siemens support but it seems it is not possible to make it running.

Anyway, I gave it some time but I have to carry on with my work so I will continue in this way:

In HMI, I will use Events - to set a bit when alarm comes and reset it when it goes away or being acknowledged and in PLC, I will do logic based on this information in order to turn a horn on or off.

The thing is, that the information about alarms state is actually there, in WinCC, becuase its Alarm Indicator icon works the same way (counting alarms, blinking if there is some active one and is still in case of acknowledged one). I am not familiar with WinCC scripts and do not know a depth you are able to get in...maybe it is possible.

Hi
I would do the horn in the PLC. :)

Is it unacked alarms you need to alarm on or any alarm that is active?

Have you got a consecutive array of alarm bits?

Hi
I would do the horn in the PLC. :)

Is it unacked alarms you need to alarm on or any alarm that is active?

Have you got a consecutive array of alarm bits?

I need to horn only unacked alarms - no matter if it is still active after ack. or gone... Alarm comes -> horn screams -> operator pushes ACK button -> horn shuts up.

No, I don't have consecutive array of alarm bits and when I make a new project in WinCC next time, I will surely have. I have 2 alarm DBs (because of so many) and usually most DBWs contain alarms as well as warnings.

Suggestion:

Do not use HMI acknowlegde. Use Pending alarms in Alarm view. Create a button for reseting alarms. Then make a SUB in PLC to reset alarm bits as you like.