WinCC flexible 2008: Synchronize alarms between 10 operator panels

Jobbe

Hi,
I have a Siemens S7-400 PLC connected to 10 operator panels (MP370) with over 1000 alarm messages. My client wants to synchronize the acknowledge status of the alarms between all the panels. If an alarm has been acknowledged on one panel, it should also be acknowledged on the other panels automatically.
Is there an easy way to solve this? My plan was to do an OR function of all the HMI acknowledge bits on the different panels and copy the result to the PLC acknowledge bits.

It is possible.

You will have to scan all the "HMI Ack" tags from all panels.
When one "HMI Ack" tag goes from False to True, you must generate a oneshot pulse for 2 seconds on the corresponding "PLC Ack" tag that all panels scan. Since it is unlikely that more than one "HMI Ack" tag is active at a time, you can just let a timer start and reset all "PLC Ack" tags after a while. In this way you need only one timer.

Btw. with 10 panels, I hope you are using Ethernet for the job.