WinCC Flexible Alarm on login

Espiration

Hello everyone

I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now and I learned a lot about programming structures etc. Now the time has come for me to ask you guys a question. Although the question isn't about PLC but merely about my visualisation, I'm still posting it here. Delete it if it doesn't match the requirements for a good post.

The question is: Is there a way that I can keep track of people that have logged in on my visualisation? I do have something right now that it shows the name of whoever has logged in, but I want to see who has logged in and at what time. I have 3 groups right now: Operators, Engineering and Maintenance. I have searched for it quite a while but I just can't seem to find any events that will trigger such a thing.

I'm talking about WinCC flexible on a Siemens Multipanel. This is connected to a Siemens S7-315 PLC.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes. English is not my first language.

Espiration

What about creating a scheduled every 5s VB script that checks logged user name ?

Or You can use Scheduler and "Change User" event.

I'm no tgoing to use any of these scripts because I'm afraid my co-workers won't be able to figure out what it does, even with the comments I normally provide them.

I might use the scheduler + change user. But how can I make it trigger an alarm?

You can create a system event in the scheduler using the "change user" event trigger and then select the function "traceuserchange"

If you want to trigger an actual alarm then use the getusername function to store the username in a tag and then use the set bit function to trigger any alarm of your choice. The username can then be included as part of the alarm text.

Nick

Nick

You dont have to use any script.

Go to Device Settings .. Scheduler, then add an event (call it "UserChanged" for example) on Event Change User.
Add the action TraceUSerChange.

That is all if you have configured an Alarm View that includes System events. When users logs on and off it will be listed in this Alarm View.

Never used the scheduler before, YET ANOTHER FUNCTION TO EXPLORE 📚

Thanks a lot everyone. It works now and it seems so easy now.