wincc mp277 file write path??

mr_sleepy

Hi all. Just newly signed up for this forum but i have been here many times already when searching for answers, long may it continue 🍻. Hopefully in the future i can make a usefull contribution here as many of the other posters do, but first i need a favour.

Ive only been programming plcs for about 8 months now professionally and started off learning about omron before the powers that be decided to get me to learn siemens and then re-do everything that we currently make in omron as a siemens system to give customers more flexibility when choosing a system.

Anyway ive been working on the replica system for about 4 months now learning as i go and have come to the datalogging part of our machines which is quite important especially if the customers have been mistreating the machine so we can do some detective work :| The system we are using includes a cpu 3152dp and a mp277 10" touchscreen linked via profibus. I know the mp277 does datalogging as standard which can be stored on a stick etc but as usual with all the standard features it doesnt quite do what we want so i need to make my own script and write a csv file in the correct format that we require from the data. I looked up some vbscript commands and tried to write a basic text file to the usb stick (it is a siemens usb stick) but so far i have been unable to write to the correct path. I tried the code in simulation on wincc and it wrote the file to where i expected it to go but i cant replicate that on the actual hardware. The code i have been using is straight from the example which is

Dim fso, MyFile
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set MyFile= fso.CreateTextFile("\Storage Card USB\testfile.txt", True)
MyFile.WriteLine("This is a test.")
MyFile.Close

When i run this script i fire it from a button on the screen and then look for the generated file. I know it works in the simulation and if i run datalogging in the simulation it writes to the same loacation but on the actual screen the datalogging writes to the usb but the script does not. Its probably a long shot but does anyone have any idea why the script isnt working. I have looked around for a few answers already but none of them quite fit my circumstances.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Because the panel is CE the fso you are using will not work. It is for pc runtime. Do a search for panel scripts and I think you will find what you need

Thanks for that, I found a couple of help topics describing the sort of information i am looking for. Ill give it a try on monday when i go back to work and see how it goes o_O

Hi. Just wanted to mark this post as resolved now. Incase anyone else happens upon this post the code i ended up using was

Dim f
Set f = CreateObject("FileCtl.File")
f.Open "\Storage Card USB\Test.csv",8
f.LinePrint "Hello World,Hello Again"
f.LinePrint ";"
f.Close
Set f = Nothing

Makes a csv file on the usb stick called, u guessed it, test and it looks like this

Hello World | Hello Again
-----------|------------
;

If that makes any sense

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 🍻