WinCC network redundancy

coa

Hi All,
I have application for 1 WinCC V6.0 single station connected to S7-400 CPU through Ethernet (CP443). I want to add 1 more CP443 at S7 PLC side and one more network card at WinCC station with new Ethernet comm. cable.
I try to find the way how WinCC will automatic switch to look at other standby card when master card and network fail. Do I need to write script for automatic switchover ? or how to write script to automatic IP address change ?

All inputs is appreciate.

Thanks nonuke,

I checked that WinCC Redundancy Option will be used in case of 2 servers but my case I have only 1 single WinCC station with 2 network cards in 1 PC. These 2 network cards will be connected to 2 CP443 with separated network.

Hello Coa;

The following setup is proposed in the WinCC V6 Communication manual (look at entry ID 21320307 on Siemens' website):

WinCC_red.jpg

The manual presents the Step 7 and WinCC configurations and program blocks required to setup this redundant link.

I realize that this is nslightly different from your original plan as it uses a S7-H PLC, but maybe it can be adapted to your needs.
Basically, it sets up 2 independant channels in WinCC, with their own independant tags. A lifebeat procedure is programmed in the PLC, so that WinCC determines the status of the active (primary) channel. In case of faiolure of that channel, it uses WinCC's channel diagnosis program to switch to the stand-by channel.
I have not tested this personnaly, so take it as indicative, and study it carefully.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi Coa,

In my long experience with PC's and Siemens PLC's, I had to replace many PC's over the years and only two Siemens CPU's. So I think you will do a better job having a redundant PC server, than having only one PC and two ethernet cards on both sides.