WinCC recipe auto selection

kea

Hi all. Just wondering is it possible to set up a predictive auto go too of saved recipes from a recipe view window. I have a customer who has loaded over 700 different recipe profiles and it is taking him to long to scroll through all the recipes in order to change to a different one.
It is a touch PC screen with WinCC and ideally we want the auto keypad to come up when we open the recipe view instead of the drop down window with the scroll bar, then if we type in the first few letters of the loaded recipe name the selection will jump to that area.
Any ideas much appreciated.

WinCC or WinCC Flexible?

I made a search for recipe's in WinCC Flexible because of the same problem. Once you get a lot of recipe's its hard to scroll and select the correct one. My search looks at the starting characters and returns the first 10 matches. Then you press a button to load that recipe.

Hi CharlesM,

It is WinCC flexible.
Is there a search option in WinCC, or did you have to write a VB script for this?

It was done using scripts. I run a loop and read in all the names in the recipe. Then I search the names to find matches. Then I post the first 10 that match the search text.

If you would like I can post some code and screen shots when I get to work tomorrow.

If you would like I can post some code and screen shots when I get to work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that would be a big help.

Hi CharlesM

Thanks for your post, I haven,t done much work with VB scripts but I see the idea of whats being done in the search of the recipes.
Thanks again.
Kea.

Hi CharlesM
Is there any chance that you will post the WinCC flexible project?
Is the project running on a pc or panel?
I am trying somthing simular on a MP277
Martin

It is PC runtime. I am writing the name and number of the recipe out to a text file in one script and searching though them in the next. I don't use panels but I think file system object is different from Windows.

I think the project would be too large to post on here. I'll see how small I can make it and post back.