WinCC Professional V14 - Remote Recipe

Manglemender

Advice sought.

We’ve added an function to one of our older machines running WinCC Professional v14 that allows the PLC to demand the download of recipes from the SCADA. We’re using the in-built recipe control tags of the professional recipe system.

95% of the time we can request the load of a recipe from the PLC without any issue however, the remaining 5% we get a slightly odd problem in that the recipe tags do not seem to be updated but the control tag reports the job is complete. This is happening seemingly at random and we generally can’t replicate the problem with any sort of consistency. Part of the control tags is the ‘Job’, we set this to 7 to request a recipe read and the SCADA sets back to 0 once the job has completed. See picture for description of control tags.

The PLC is S71517F-3 PN/DP with firmware version:2.1

Has anyone else experienced anything this or can offer any insight?

Nick

Recipe Control.jpg