Data Logging Issue in Siemen WinCC RT Professional

So reading and logging are both at 7:00:03.
That is still not ok. Reading a value to the HMI from the PLC does not happen instantaneously.
You need to allow the HMI time to read the value from the PLC.

You can do the logging "on change" or you could offset the times like this:
7:00:00 PLC writes new value into the tag.
7:00:05 HMI reads the tag.
7:00:10 HMI logs the value.

edit: You are actually not informing how the tag is being read by the HMI.
post a screenshot of the setup of the tag in WinCC.

Last edited:
Logging on change

I changed the logging time to 7:01:00 but still same problem persists. I then configured logging on change now the values are correct but sometime 2 rows are added in table with same time stamp.

per hour on change.PNG

Similar Topics

Hi, using FTV 9 in a distributed network. I have a project that logs a pretty good bit of data and has lots of trends. I noticed every now and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i am using factorytalk historian v4.0 since long time, yesterday after unexpected power shutdown i am unable to get archive values...
Replies
Views
We have a DSPZR unit that has quit creating new log files after 2-3 months of working normally. Everything seemed to be working fine with the unit...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I am having some trouble getting a data log in WinCC flexible 2007 to work correctly. I have a set of data (real) that I am trying to log...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm not as accustom with Siemens & WinCC, however I've been asked to increase the amount of data an existing application is logging...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom