Winder Control Program

ShreeHarshaK

Hi ,

I Need to write a Logic for Diameter Calculation using estimated method and control of speed for Winder application . Please share if you already have existing winder programs .

Br,
Shree Harsha K

Winder control program

Hi,

For winder application I'm getting line speed feedback in mpm. Based on line speed how do I estimate the diameter and give a speed reference to the drive. Can you please help with math to obtain the necessary equations for the same.

Thanks in advance

Code:
R = √(L ×t/pi + r2)

R is the radius of the roll, L is the length of material that has been wound, t is the thickness of the material, pi is well, pi. and r is the radius of the core.

Thanks a lot guys for the support. Based on the diameter I need to give a speed reference to the drive. Any math for calculating the VFD speed reference based on the diameter estimation since VFD speed reference would decrease with increase in roll diameter.