Winn911 and factorytalk view SE

PhilPLc

Is it possible to disable winn911 from sending out alarms (calls and messages) with a button on factorytalk SE screen?

You can put it into an Inactive or Active state with a .bat file (Active and Inactive .bat files are in the Win911 install directory) from the machine on which Win911 runs.

Simply run the following on a button press:

Run C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\WIN-911 Enterprise\Standby Activate\Activate.exe.

or

Run C:\Program Files (x86)\WIN-911 Software\WIN-911 Enterprise\Standby Activate\Standby.exe

If you want to do this on a distributed system from any client, then it becomes much more complicated as you have to navigate through windows security. I tried and tried to get this to work but it was ultimately defeated.

In the end we left it as a server only function on a recent system, which was fine as only anyone with any authority would be working on the server and only operators on the clients.