WinPLC DIP switches

msinclair

Does anyone know what the DIP switches are for on the Entivity Think & Do WinPLC? The manual shows them in the picture, then says:

"Support of the following features depends on your PC-based Control software implementation:

• the frequency of I/O updates
• the available support for RS232C serial communications
• the uses of the DIP switches
• the uses of the LEDs"

After that it doesn't mention the DIP switches at all . . .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

I've never used the WinPLC but I just looked through the manual and now know what your talking about. :unsure:

I dont think it would be out of line to call AD support and ask..

Mike.

I do believe that switch 0 will force the program to run on startup and that Switch 7 will put the processor into a continuous boot mode.
ADC Tech support walked me through it in order to get the Winplc to show up on the network.

Don't know about the others but it could be interesting.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Thanks guys,

I called Automation Direct and the answer was - 6 switches do nothing. Switch 0 (as Richard said) controls "Run at Boot". The "Booter Mode" wasn't something I wanted so I didn't even push to see what switch it was on - for now, I'll trust Richard that it is Switch 7.

Thanks again,

Marc