Wireless Radio Transmitter

eyad267

Hi All,

I am requested to transfer signal using wireless transmitters that is branded either Motorolla, Siemens Or Emerson.

Can anyone help me with catalogue, website, manual any details about any of them.

required is UHF 2.4Ghz transmitters for around 15-20 KM.

Thanks in advance

I think Motorola radios are now owned by General Electric.

Radio telemetry is complex and can be a real minefield. There may be licensing requirements, distance and antenna type considerations, etc. I think that your frequency is used by spread spectrum radios, but I don't remember for certain. You may need line of sight for that frequency as mentioned, or you may need repeaters. At a different frequency you may not need that, as you can skip the signal around the curvature of the earth. I'm not very knowledgeable, but I've done enough radio telemetry to know it isn't simple.

This is too complex to learn in Q & A over the internet. Get hold of a knowledgeable local representative or two, and ask for help. In this country most will do a path survey at no charge, and that you need as a minimum.

More and more, RF contractors are starting to charge for path studies. If you have line of sight, it is always great. 2.4 GHz does indeed have a unlicensed range but some radio manufactures will set their upper range at 15 miles as a guarantee with favorable conditions.. All that changes when you consider the type of set up, type of antenna, amount of gain and output(this is regulated based on loss due to connectors and cable) Distance and line of sight are the starting points, this will most likely dictate the frequency, which will in turn determine equipment. Incidentally, I am going to be working on some licensed frequency communication today at a range of 40-50 miles as a bird flies.

I dont think you will make that shot at 2.4g(without repeaters). 900 mhz would be a better option.

Thanks for the answers...

There is a line of sight between the two signals, as the area here is in the middle of the desert.

The problem that consultant is insisting on MOTOROLLA Brand, i have submitted different brands and they were all refused.

Can any body help with the Motorolla Brand name, part number, website, manual or anything?

The signal is 4-20mA, Wire in Wire Out
Thanks