wireless radio

kbamforth

Does anyone have experience with wireless. All I need one digital output with a range of about 1 mile. The cheapest solution is what I'm looking for. No cell or ethernet. All I want to do is report an alarm condition from about a dozen stations to the main plant and from there mabey report through a scada system.

looks good, when i say a mile, from experience I really mean about 500 to 600 meters, I've looked at the data sheets and can't find a range. This would be installed in way up north (santa clause country), NWT, and Alberta oil fields, so not much interference. Can anybody confirm the actual reliable range.

BWI Eagle's simple wireless beats Banner for these easy apps!

Does anyone have experience with wireless. All I need one digital output with a range of about 1 mile. The cheapest solution is what I'm looking for. No cell or ethernet. All I want to do is report an alarm condition from about a dozen stations to the main plant and from there mabey report through a scada system.

We can provide contact input transmitters that will automatically transmit a contact closure to a central receiver located up to 2 miles away. Simple systems requires no user programming. Contact [email protected] for more details and formal quotation.

The Elpro gear is very good, and I like the ability to program just about every aspect of when they transmit, what they transmit, which unit it goes to, etc. The communications failure detection is also very useful. However, they don't come cheap, at least here in NZ.

Westermo RM240

You may want to also consider Westermo's RM240 for which we distribute.

It offers line of sight communications up to 5km with the 300 mW unit. There is digital I/O built in.

More information is available through our web site:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Westermo/Industrialwireless.htm

We also offer a product from Wirefree CNC that can be ordered with an I/O board:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/WirefreeCNC/WirefreeCNC.htm

If you have any questions, feel free to email through the link in my signature.

Last edited: