wireless switch

interesting to note the distance for 2.4Ghz - I would still be concerned with this as the band is fairly full

I'll second that, they claim "Long range wireless communication up to 30 miles (900 MHz) and 15 miles (2.4 GHz)"

My gut feeling says to divide those distances by at least 10, if not more... The manufacturer is, of course, welcome to come and demonstrate the equipment here, I'll give them a cup of coffee...

I'll second that, they claim "Long range wireless communication up to 30 miles (900 MHz) and 15 miles (2.4 GHz)"

My gut feeling says to divide those distances by at least 10, if not more... The manufacturer is, of course, welcome to come and demonstrate the equipment here, I'll give them a cup of coffee...

I can give you some plots of 900MHz in spread and fixed frequency that are making it 28 and 47 miles respectivly with minal fade in RSSI. Hell we have 3.6 GHz making it over 8 miles with -80dbi with 99.9 thru-put.
:confused:

@it is a noob
both 900MHZ and 3.6GHZ are nowhere near the 2.4 or 5.2 WiFi bands.
that was my point exactly

The 2.4 ghz that mds uses isn't wifi. While b/g wifi is 2.4ghz 2.4ghz isn't wifi. Wifi by design is limited in range as it is mainly omni directional un less you get section panels or use repeaters. Wifi is usally rated in ft/meters. Point to point or point to multi point is usally rated is miles/km. Please do not confuse the two.

I understand it is a digital broadcast band.
Frequency is 2.4 GHz - the band is heavily used (even Hands Free Phones)
for that reason I think it is risky - no confusion
Just shouldn't have used the term WiFI sorry.;)
I remember the 'Noisy' Cross talk on the old CB (27Mhz)
and how to block the kid's remote control cars - a bit of fun
tuning down to their Xtal frequencey.:ROFLMAO:
Ok they were not Digital

Fair enough, we use a lot of MDS radios. They are pretty robust. The transnet line excels where freewave radios fail due to the addressing scheme. I could gush but yeah......