Wonderware Alarm History not working

Samuel C.

I am building a development PC. I've installed service platform and loaded a known working intouch app. On the same PC, I have installed RSLogix Echo and successfully connecting to Wonderware. I can toggle the tags in Echo and see alarms coming on in WW. However, the alarms do not show in history when are acknowledged. I restored the alarm databases from the production client and I can see the old alarms (up to the date that I did the backup), but no new alarms seems to be written to the databases. Any idea? thanks.

What version of Intouch?
Are you running the Alarm DB Manager?
Does it connect to SQL and have you created WWALMDB?

Ow are you trying to see the Alarms? Do you have an Alarm page with which Wizard?

System Platform 2014 (Intouch Version 11), yes, I am connected to SQL and have created WWALMDB. I can see the active alarms, I also can read the old alarms from the DB that I restored. New alarms are not getting written to the WWALMDB. When I hit start button on the Alarm DB Manager, it does not start. When I hit test connection, it says connection succeeded. I know the issue is with the Alarm Logger, I just don't know how to troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Have you purged the database? It may be full.
In Alarm DB logger, are you using "localhost" as server name? The Alarm DB does not work as a service, so make sure you do not have that box checked.
What wizard are you using to read the Alarms in Intouch?

Last edited:
I'm developing on 2014 right now. Sounds to me like you have two instances of an alarm DB. The old one you restored and a new one, but your query runs against a single DB which is the original one and so you get all alarms up to that point. But all new alarms are being logged to the second instance.

Have you opened up SQL Management Studio and see what DB's are present?

Have you purged the database? It may be full.
In Alarm DB logger, are you using "localhost" as server name? The Alarm DB does not work as a service, so make sure you do not have that box checked.
What wizard are you using to read the Alarms in Intouch?

Absolutely this. Alarm DB Logger Manager cannot run as a service any longer.

It is brand new development computer, and I have not changed its name since installation. However, the database is restored from the production PC, which obviously has a different name. By the way, I use alarm logger wizard, on the HMI screen I can see that I am connected to the Database. Using the Alarm Printer, and opening the log file in text editor, I can see the alarms and my E-signature. However, No new alarms are written to the database. I have purged the database too, no difference. Thank you.

It is brand new development computer, and I have not changed its name since installation. However, the database is restored from the production PC, which obviously has a different name. By the way, I use alarm logger wizard, on the HMI screen I can see that I am connected to the Database. Using the Alarm Printer, and opening the log file in text editor, I can see the alarms and my E-signature. However, No new alarms are written to the database. I have purged the database too, no difference. Thank you.

You see that you're connected to "WHAT" database? Obviously you're connected to "A" database because you can see the old alarms. But have you checked SQL management to see what databases you have on the new PC? Have you looked through the system management console logs to see if there is any error writing to the database. If no errors, then the alarms are likely being written to "A" database, just not the old one you restored.

When you restored the DB from the production PC, is that when problems happened?

Thank you all for your help and input, I ended up having the Wonderware and database on one PC and Logix Echo on another. At that point the alarms started logging into the database. Not sure if this is because everything was on the same PC using the same loopback address or something else. Thanks.