Wonderware Archestra Scripting

Jstalman

I was wonder if anybody has a Archestra script that would allow me to "Show" or "Hide" a window in a custom graphic that I am creating. Any help would be great my local Wonderware experts don't have any Ideas.

There is the 'ShowGraphic' & 'HideGraphic' functions...

HideGraphic( "SplashScreen");
The ShowGraphic has a little bit more, but is pretty simple as well.

If you search for this in the help file:
"Show/Hide Graphic, working with"

What version are you running?

my local Wonderware experts don't have any Ideas.
Then they are not really experts are they?

The ShowGraphic is only used to show an Archestra developed graphic or window correct? or will it open a window in Intouch?

Ill give it a try, but I was wanting to create a generic navigation button and have a custom property that I could put the window name in.

The ShowGraphic is only used to show an Archestra developed graphic or window correct? or will it open a window in Intouch?
yes, it will show an Archestra symbol/graphic. I have not tried opening an InTouch window, but is ways to make that happen without using the ShowGraphic function...

Ill give it a try, but I was wanting to create a generic navigation button and have a custom property that I could put the window name in.
Good idea, but wouldn't it be better to have a common navigation system? Why do you want to show an Intouch Window from an Archestra script, this is defeating the purpose of using A2 scripting.
We are always chasing best practice with System platform, as it stands it is to use InTouch windows with embedded A2 symbols..
A recent application we have done had a single InTouch window, with all navigation done via A2 objects/scripting.
Still not sure whether this is the way forward, InTouch windows may be best for performance/functionality reasons.

I see where your coming from I have thought about building windows in that fashion. This is an existing app that I am updating I have like 30 different windows and it would take forever to redo every window. The InTouch buttons were ugly and I wanted to add a custom graphic and if I could add Custom Properties at the same time it would have been a bonus. I'll just use the Intouch animation properties like normal for now. If you come across something it would be wonderful if you let me know. My Wonderware Distributor doesn't think it can be done, but I've proved them wrong before.

Here's an idea'
Have the Custom property be a Integer that points to an InTouch tag, say InTouch:WinNo
Then in InTouch have a DataChange script that looks at WinNo.
In the DataChange script, use the ShowWindow function to display your desired Window based on a the value of WinNo...
This works & is how I have approached it...

Hey guys,

Quick question about the showgraphic and hidegraphic function. Is this the same thing as the showsymbol and hidesymbol animation except you can use it in a script? Also, I'm running system applications 3.1 with wonderware 10.1. I read that those functions are only available in system application 3.5+ and wonderware 10.5+ ??? There's no mention of those functions in system application 3.1 and wonderware 10.1.

Thanks!

Don't know what your level of expertise are with Archestra/Intouch, I am fairly new to it. If you configure a button in InTouch there is an option to "show window" in the animation links, you can determine which window to show when clicking on the button with the mouse