Wonderware Historical Trends

kudave88

I am trying to come up with a way to add pens to a trend other than the standard "click the trend to display the trend setup, click the pen to display tag window" method. There 500+ tags that are possible pens so operators don't want to do that.

Two options I've looked into are:

1. use the "Filter" feature at the bottom of the tag window to filter based on areas of the plant in the tag comments (cons: most tags don't have an "area" in their comments section/would have to modify tags)

2. add a "change pen1" button that would show a window (one window for each area of the plant) that include buttons for each tag and HTSetPenName script behind it. (cons: adding 500+ buttons for each tag)

Any other clever ways to add pens and keep operators happy?

Thanks!