Wonderware InTouc 9.5 - .comment dotfield Not Working with Disc Indirect Tag

Grendizer

Hey,

Example,
I have an IO Disc Tag called IO_Disc_Tag that has a comment This is a comment. I assigned an indirect tag for it:
IO_Disc_Tag_Ind.Name = IO_Disc_Tag.Name;

When I try to display the comment in the HMI, IO_Disc_Tag_Ind.comment, it is not shown. I did the same thing except for analog tag and it works fine. Is this a bug in wonderware? Can anyone test this on their terminal and see if it works for you? I really can't figure this out. My guess this is a software bug but I could be wrong.

Thank you for your help,

G,

how are you displaying it on the HMI? Make certain the object type, in the tagname dictionary, for the display is an indirect discrete. the object types must match analog for analog and discrete for discrete.

Picture will explain it better: This method works for analogs but not discrete! ??? I am confused...

Ind_Disc.jpg

Last edited:
Can anybody test this on their terminal and see if it will work please?????? Or does anyone know why this is happening? I really need a solution...

Thank you so much,

I Tried it out and it worked for me, but i used an action script on a button for IO_DISCRETE_TAG_IND.Name = IO_DISCRETE_TAG.Name

so that would suggest there is a problem with your quickfunction, or IO_DISCRETE_TAG_IND is not defined as an indirect discrete.

Last edited:
I have not tried it with a string but we do use it with analogs and discretes. But we use a discrete type for discrete. and analog for analog.
For example, on trends where we have 8 pens, we will put 2 placeholders above each pen button. One analog and one discrete. The .comment will display the description of the pen. If the operator selects an analog, the analog works but the discrete will not. And vice versa.