Wonderware Intouch 9.5.100 Tag Replacement

@ Webhead haha that was funny :) oh well, I will have to learn to live with some glitches...

@ Saffa, oh, I never thought of that. Thanks for mentioning it.

So what am doing now, as Paully suggested, I exported the tags, running some scripts in excel to clean up the database. Then, am gonna load it back, change the names manually and delete the old tags.

Thank you guys for your help. Let me know, please, if you guys have any thoughts. Thanks again.

I'm not sure if this is true for 9.5, but certainly in 10.5 if you rename a tag from within the tagname dictionary,all references within your project are updated too.

The only thing to of course be aware of is that renaming tags will erase all historical logging data.

Except if the tag is used in an achestra object.

Renaming a tag in wonderware is so painful! But not as painful as accidentally converting resolutions

Except if the tag is used in an achestra object.

Renaming a tag in wonderware is so painful! But not as painful as accidentally converting resolutions

Add this little guy to INTOUCH.INI to eliminate this terrible issue in the future;

ScaleForResolution=0

Hey Webhead,

I do not use the import function AT ALL. It has giving me soo many issues before, like not asking me if a file name with a specific number exist, breaks my "SmartObjects", the issue I mentioned above, and probably more that I haven't discovered yet. So what I do is I copy the files manually, then modify the ndx and nbk file to include the new screens. In both ways, tags gets replaced with totally Random once.. :S mann...
Hello all

I guess you got it all solved by now.
Moving files between Intouch applications will create the "random" tagname references since Intouch actually stores a number pointer to the Tag location in the database.

Moving a picture from an application where "MyPumpRunning" is located at f.ex. TagIndex 2512 to another application which contains more than 2512 Tags will show the Tagname attached to TagIndex 2512 in that application. Usually this produces no good pictures or scripts.

It would be nice to hear if somebody has overcommed the Tag nightmare programmatically.

Best regards
Ove

@ Webhead haha that was funny :) oh well, I will have to learn to live with some glitches...

@ Saffa, oh, I never thought of that. Thanks for mentioning it.

So what am doing now, as Paully suggested, I exported the tags, running some scripts in excel to clean up the database. Then, am gonna load it back, change the names manually and delete the old tags.

Thank you guys for your help. Let me know, please, if you guys have any thoughts. Thanks again.
Hello forum

I found some interesting way of changing tag names in binaries.

Hot tip..
Go here and buy "PUP7" or "PUP6" depending on your Excel version. Only $40.00.
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/pupv7/home/

It is a "Power Utility Pack" for Excel and I love it. It is great for working in Excel.
I have been using since PUP3.
I use the Worksheet tools>Text Tools quite often.
Text Tools allow you to add/delete to the left or right of the cell or after/before so many characters.
PUP also does WAY more, the text tools are just a drop in the bucket. (You can read about it on the site.)

Last edited: