Wonderware Intouch Update HistTrend

Apel

Dear All,

We have Wonderware Intouch v10.1 running under Win Xp+Sp3. We have used real-time trend for each Analog tags (>200), and Historical Trends.

Now we have Historical Trend window which can be displayed in different display length like 24 hours,8 hours, 1 hour, 10mins and 1 min. This length value is assigned on button action.
We have also a button which is setting a memory Tag "TrendUpdate" and this tag is used in the Historical Trend screen as "window-script" while Window showing as follows:
IF TrendUpdate== 1 THEN
HistTrend1.ChartStart = ($DateTime * 86400) - HistTrend1.ChartLength;

So when I clicl update button my SuiteLink break and Hist data stop changing. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Your Suitelink breaks?? Like, the communications to the PLC(s)? What driver are you using?

I have no idea why that happens. It's certainly not normal, you should contact WW tech support on that. However, to update the HistTrend in real time you can make a "While Open" window script every 5 seconds or so that does "HistTrend1.Update"

Any reason you are not using WW Historian (previously InSql)?
The Historian functions and data are much more robust and can be used as a source of reporting.

I just tried "histtrend1.update" in a window script and when I tried to validate the script I got the error "Undefined field name".

I don't want to use "HTupdatetocurrenttime" because I want the trend start time to stay the same, and for the trend to work its way across the screen.

If I exit the window and then go back in, the HT updates fine. Is there a simple refresh function which doesn't change the start time?