Wonderware Project Restoration

zacslade

Hi all,

I'm restoring a project for Wonderware InTouch 11.1.131 on Windows 10 (v1809). The project was created using the same version that I have installed on the target machine.

While restoring the aaPKG file, I get the following error:

intouch unspecified error (80004005 caught at line 939 in CreateGalaxy.cpp (in y:\pfserverdev\src\wwpackageserver)

With a note in the logger: "Sql service could not be started".

So far, I've verified the following items for troubleshooting:

- The account listed in "Change Network Account" is part of group aaAdministrators, and aaAdministrators is registered in SQL Server.
- The network account has the right to "log on as a service"
- Microsoft SQL Server is version 2014, and has SQLDMO.DLL present and registered.
- The SQL Server service is running
- I spoke with a Wonderware support representative and he seems to have given up after the above steps.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

i'm not sure that version will even run on Windows 10. we run all our wonderware programs on a Windows 7 vm. check with your distributor. you may have to do a run in compatible mode test to see if it will run at all.
james

I agree in that I do not believe it is Win 10 compatible.....

However...oddly...
Why didn't "tech support" tell you that??
You would think that the install of Intouch would tell you it is not compatible, it usually does??

I think either Intouch 2014 or 2017 was first requiring Win 10.

Last edited:
i'm not sure that version will even run on Windows 10. we run all our wonderware programs on a Windows 7 vm. check with your distributor. you may have to do a run in compatible mode test to see if it will run at all.
james

I know it will run on windows 10 build 1703 but there are issue on Win10 of any build higher than that.