Wonderware Upgrade

MAKSM

Hello Experts,

I have Intouch, Version:10.1 running on PC with Windows XP. Now need to upgrade it to the latest version.
May i know the list of licenses required to upgrade it to latest version on Win10 Pro.

Thanks,
MAKSM

We'd need to know what your current licenses are, there might be more than just the runtime for WindowViewer... IO Servers, historian, etc.

A good place to start is running License Manager application which should be sitting somewhere in the Wonderware program folder on the Windows Start Menu.

The licensing for 2017 onwards is now a lot more complicated than the old .lic file you could easily move around.

Latest version is IT2020, so will be your license. But you can run any older IT with it.

Just in case you are using SQL DB query :
At our facility, we were upgrading from 10.6 to 17.3, and it was a pain in the ***. All our SQL string were trunked to 82 characters. So we tried with 17.2 and it was OK. Don't know about IT2020 tho!

At this time, why not upgrading to SystemPlatform ?

The latest version of Intouch is 2020, which is brand new, previous version was 2017.
If you are running Win XP, I doubt you have a license for 2017. The license agent would not know what to do with it....2017 is an *.xml file, not a *.lic file.
It is available as a *.lic file with a development license.
If you are running SQL, that will need to be upgraded also.

Last edited: