Wrong hardware configuration in Studio 5000 Logix Designer?

wendaiyu

Hi, folks, how are you?

There is a production line with AB 1756-L72S controller. Point Bus Status of one 1734-AENTR module is flashing red, Module Status and Network Status are flashing green.

What I found is the hardware configuration is incorrect in Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Plz check attachments for more details.

So can I modify the hardware configuration, then download to the controller? Since the controller is AB 1756-L72S GuardLogix5570 Safety Controller and there are a few safety I/O modules on the line, do we need password or something to complete downloading?

Thanks a lot.

HC.JPG AB Controller.JPG

Attachments

• Hardware.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 15
The 1734-ARM is an Address Reserve Module. I don't think there is an option for the 1734-ARM when creating a new module, so somebody had to put a place holder module in. In this case they used the 1734-IB8. You should be able to inhibit just that module in the connection tab, remove the inhibit from the AENTR, and any IO faults should go away. We have a machine with multiple ARM modules installed, and the setup is very similar to this.

As far as downloading to the GuardLogix, you need a license to work with those. Studio 5000 professional may include it, but anything less and you definitely need a separate license. If the controller is safety locked, you will need to unlock it (hence the extra license) before you can download.

I suspect the 1734-ARM is defective; that would explain the red POINTBus status LED and the extinguished Network Status LEDs on the ARM and OW4 modules.

In general in an application like this you would inhibit the 1734-IB8 that's been replaced by the -ARM. Instead, the whole 1734-AENT Adapter is inhibited, which should prevent all of the modules in that assembly from working.

Thanks, guys.

What I did today:
1, inhibited slot[3] module, then enabled 1734-AENTR, still the same fault;

2, installed a 1734-IB8 module in slot[3], still the same fault.

3, I found “Chassis Size” was 1, so I changed it to 6. After downloading, every indicator works well except Network Status indicator kept flashing green.

4, since I put a new Ethernet cable on, everything is functional.

Thanks again.

CS.JPG