WW Intouch DAServer for Compactlogix

When Using ABCIP DAServer...and CompactLogix...
Which Port_CIP object do I load to communicate to the Ethernet port on the 1769-L33ER CPU?
Is it ENB_CPLX?
If so where do I add the "Item name" to associate it with Intouch Access Name?

Last edited:
When Using ABCIP DAServer...and CompactLogix...
Which Port_CIP object do I load to communicate to the Ethernet port on the 1769-L33ER CPU?
Is it ENB_CPLX?
If so where do I add the "Item name" to associate it with Intouch Access Name?

Yes. After adding the CIP port object, add an ENB_CPLX object and set the IP address, then add a backplane object, than add a PLC object and set the slot number for your CPU. Then you will see a configuration screen that will allow you to define a "Device Group" name. The "Device Group" name is equivalent to the "Topic Name" in the older WW IO Servers. This is the name that you will use to setup your Access Name in InTouch. You will not need to specify any Item Names in your IO Server setup. These will be populated by the IO Server when a client (Usually InTouch View) requests Item data from within the Device Group.

I assume the Intouch Tagnames only need to have direct relation to tags in RSLogix 5000 using ABCIP?

The original DAServer was ABTCP and...
Intouch tagname is "RO1767" (no quotes) and "R01767" is a controller tag in RSLogix.

So ABCIP will recognize "R01767"?
No brackets or other naming structure required in Intouch "Item" name for tags.

I assume the Intouch Tagnames only need to have direct relation to tags in RSLogix 5000 using ABCIP?

The original DAServer was ABTCP and...
Intouch tagname is "RO1767" (no quotes) and "R01767" is a controller tag in RSLogix.

So ABCIP will recognize "R01767"?
No brackets or other naming structure required in Intouch "Item" name for tags.

You may name your InTouch tags whatever you like, but the Item Name for the tag has to be an exact match for the associated PLC tagname.