XP SP3 and PIC/AIC driver

Dustin, I got the com port working again. Thanks. I went thru and checked physically, and as I suspected and sure you knew, the patch is and was working correctly. Checked com ports, all seemed okay. Did re-load com drivers and reboot, seemed to take care of that problem. I know its nothing to do with all that, but still can't get my USB communications going; I.E. to a C-More Panel, but for now I can use Ethernet to work on those until I can get that part figured out.
Thanks again Dustin.

your patch didnt work for me, but im sure its my "one size fits all plc lappy" (dos,win98,xp sp3)configuration.
not your hard work.
it couldnt find c:\windows\driverscache\i386\sp3.cab.
i extracted what i think is the sp2 version of serenum.sys (date 08/03/04) out of driver.cab in my version of the above (e:\xp\driverscache\i386).
i changed the attributes to the sp2(?) file from archive to system/read only (i removed the archive attribute).
i then over wrote e:xp\system32\drivers\the offending serenum.sys dated in 2008.
i rebooted.
system32\drivers file remained the same (2004).
i re-read the rest of this post and searched all versions and replaced with the 2004 version.
i think changing the older file attributes from archive to system\read only, kept xp (or most versions of windows) from doing the things that **** most of us off.
i will test at work tonight.
for the curious of my one size fits all 333celeron gateway with pcmcia and floppy and serial and usb.....
c:\drive fat16 2gb dos, d:\drive fat16 2 gb, e:\drive fat32 win98 15gb, (win98 changes to f:\drive while in xp),e:\drive ntfs xp sp3 17gb.
no operating systems are in a directory called windows.
anything loaded in win98 cannot crosslink to xp due to ntfs.
so far nothing has crosslinked from xp to win98.
if i ever find a need to have to use windows 3.11, d:\drive is ready.
if xp ever tells me i cant access it, a program called ntfs4dos is on my win98 partition.

thanks dmroeder for pointing me in the right direction for the exasperating reason for xp mode being hit or miss.

Serenum.sys from other laptop

Hi,
I am using Windows 7 and I believe there is no solution for Windows 7 for 1747-PIC driver.

One more thing, I have installed Windows XP mode and using your utility to use PIC driver in XP Mode but giving error.

I will try copying file from other system running SP2 and paste in virtual XP Mode \Windows\... directory to work..

Meanwhile requesting any solution if possible with Window 7.

Glad it worked for you. I didn't realize that you had to have SP3 for V20, good to know.