YASKAWA A1000 speed reference safety parameter

Hasitha

Hello friends,

I have Yaskawa A1000 drive and I want to activate a safety function during starting a drive .🤾

I have assign frequency reference via AI1. Assume a case like we have started the drive and its running at 20Hz. We stopped the drive while the relevant potentiometer at the 20Hz position and if we again hit the start button the drive will reach to 20Hz.

In my specific application this will cause a safety issue and I want to prohibited my drive starting unless we reduce the potentiometer to the zero position. (I want to start the drive always from zero to required rpm using the potentiometer)

I have activated the same kind of safety function with Control technique mentor DC drives and I want to do the same for Yaskawa AC drive.:nodi:

Any help??:confused:

I don't see how you could do what you want directly with a pot reference
but if you download a copy of DriveWorksEZ from Yaskawa you should be able to make it happen.
One word of caution if as you say this is a safety issue then i would recommend that you monitor the reference and interlock the start using an external control of some type
Bt I think you could achieve what you want using the MOP function it can be set to return the reference to 0 when the drive is stopped so it will always start at 0 reference.
The MOP uses 2 inputs (2 buttons) for the operator Increase and Decrease
I think in some cases it’s better than a pot
Or you could also remote mount the Keypad and operator can see the display and know what the speed is commanded

This is a fairly easy function on Control Techniques (or most European) drives, using a threshold detector. I am not sure that similar function blocks are generally available on Asian drives without using the PLC functions (and separate software / files). I've not seen it, anyway.

Calling it a Safety function is probably taboo these days... Maybe 'Functional Permissive Interlock' is a more accurate term.

Dear Grays,

Thank you for your earliest response here. I do agree with you and here I am talking about achieving the same functionality I explained at the beginning. Yes I do use DWE for the Yaskawa commissioning.

With control technique AC and DC drives I have done the same thing using the in built function and herewith I have attached those documents.

As per the attached manual says..:unsure:

Background

For many applications it is desirable to prevent the drive from being started if the speed reference
(typically a Speed Pot) is not at 0 or its minimum setting. In the old days this was accomplished by
purchasing a pot that had a switch built into it. In this manner, the drive Start button would not make it
through to the drive Start input unless this switch on the pot was closed (which would occur if the pot
was turned down to zero).(y)

I want to find the same parameter for the YASKAWA drives.

Dear Gene Bond,

Yeah its totally a taboo these days as a safety function. But it still prevent us from a great disaster. Here I'm talking about a stand alone system where only the master is YASKAWA A1000. so I have to find a way to do this using the existing drive.